And Pave Your Way to Your Next Promotion
Practical strategies for managers to help get the very best out of their team.
Do you manage others at work or are you looking for promotion to a management role? Managing people is a whole different ball game which requires a very different skill set to the success which gave you your promotion.
Managing others can be challenging. Get it wrong and the results can be disastrous, causing lots of stress and aggravation along the way. Get it right and productivity and profitability rise. By managing others effectively you can also save yourself time, money, aggravation and stress.
- Do you spend time dealing with problems generated with and by your staff?
- How effectively do you hold people to account?
- Do you hate having those difficult conversations with staff when things go wrong?
- Do you worry about managing other people’s emotions?
- Are you good at delegating or do you find it quicker to do things yourself?
- Do you have the time to manage strategically or are you always fire-fighting?
How YOU Can Manage Your Staff More Effectively offers a comprehensive set of practical strategies for managers, to help get the very best from their staff as individuals and as teams.
Everything in the book has been tried and tested in a variety of organisations; it is a distillation of over thirty years’ experience of developing leadership at every level. The book does not attempt to teach grandmothers or grandfathers to suck eggs, but offers tried and tested principles, strategies and ideas which have been proven to work. It has relevance for experienced managers who want to share good practice and for aspiring leaders who want to develop and deepen their leadership skills.
The book covers a wide range of issues including:
- Developing strategic vision.
- Creating your dream team.
- Creating a “can do” culture.
- Effective delegation.
- Holding people to account.
- Developing a solutions approach.
- The power of anticipation.
- Giving positive feedback.
- Having those “hard conversations”.
- Managing stress for you and your team.
- Creating a good work/life balance.